Jacob

From: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:33:53 -0400
To: www-dom <www-dom@w3.org>, public-webapps <public-webapps@w3.org>, ext Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>, Marcos Caceres <marcos.caceres@wacapps.net>, Alex Kuang <akuang@microsoft.com>
Given the objections to this CfC, a publication request for CR will not
be submitted. The group's next step will be to"endeavor to resolve" the
objections as described in the Process Document [Consensus].

Ms2ger enumerates 3 points in his objection [Objection-1]. My
expectation is that those supporting the CfC will respond to these
points and both the D3E supporters and DOM4 supporters will work toward
achieving a mutually agreeable position on them.

In Marcos Caceres' objection [Objection-2], he asserts some of the
overlaps and redundancies between D3E and DOM4 are confusing and
requests the D3E spec clarify its relationship to DOM4. I encourage
Marcos to work with the Editors on text and/or changes that clarify the
relationships.

This CfC created two additional points of contention:

1. Request by Alex Kuang to Review D3E test suites [RfR-D3E]

2. Request by Alex Kuang to add EventException support to WebApps'
testharness.js [EventException]

Until we have reached consensus on the spec issues, I propose these two
requests be postponed and I will reply to those e-mail threads separately.

I added a 16:00-17:00 agenda topic for D3E and DOM4 for WebApp's f2f
meeting on Monday October 31 [Oct31-Agenda]

-AB

[Consensus]
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Consensus
[Objection-1]