Re: Fwd: comment on DOM 3 Events LC #2 on WebApps WG's request

On 06/15/2011 07:57 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
> Below is a D3E Last Call comment from Daniel Glazman.
 >
> I have one comment to make about the document [1]: we have at
> least four pseudo-classes in CSS 3 UI [3] that could have their
> event counterparts...
>
> :invalid
> :valid
> :in-range
> :out-range

Generally speaking, I think it's too soon to add these kind of events:
HTML5 Forms implementations are young and I still haven't see one
website using it.
In addition, I do not think it would be a good idea to have an event
being sent when an element becomes valid or invalid: I do not see any
good use case (wrt UX) that wouldn't work with the input or change
events. What use cases do you have in mind?
Furthermore, for in-range and out-of-range, I do not believe a good
implementation should allow the user to enter an out of range value so
such an event might be useless. Even if, I don't see how invalid/valid
events wouldn't fulfill the hypothetical use cases of those two.

--
Mounir