Re: Standardize Buttons For TV-Web Remotes?

Hi, Glenn, Giuseppe-

I'm in the process of doing exactly that... splitting Glenn's table out
into different types of keys, and marking up the candidates for
inclusion for DOM3 Events Key Values set.  As Glen and I discussed
before, some of these are duplicates of existing key values, for
example, and others are for specific characters, which aren't necessary
with DOM3 Events' KeyboardEvent model, which simply uses Unicode for
such characters.  I already did this process for an earlier version of
this table, and I'm documenting my process this time, to make it clear
which I'm adding and why I'm leaving off the others.

So far, I've found approximately 70 new values that are unique to media
remotes (or similar devices), and I have already added most of these to
the spec.  Please see the first rough draft in the DOM3 Events Editor's
Draft, all marked "Media", starting with the 'VolumeDown' key [1].

I should be done by tomorrow, and I'll reply on this thread.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#key-VolumeDown

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs