Re: Target of onkeyup/down/press events

On 05/12/2011 11:38 AM, Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
> Hi all,
> I was looking at DOM specifications and I'm a little bit confused about
> the following.
>
> Question: (according to the spec) can an HTMLDocument receive a
> keyup/down/press event?
>
> I say according to the spec, because this works in practice (tried in
> Opera,Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu)
>
> Anyway, if I look at the latest stable version of DOM 3 Events
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/

That is old.
Use http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html
Although even the latest draft has only Element as the target for key
events.

But anyway, do you have a testcase where events are targeted to document
in all those browsers?
(I think you're right, but I'd like to see what you were testing)

-Olli