Re: Event for form element changes (onvaluechanged)

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 3:05 PM, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>wrote:

> I don't think it's an optimization.  (We always had keypress, right?)
> It's for cases where you actually want to only do something when the
> input loses focus.

That's useful, too, but before oninput that was the *only* thing you could
do (reliably, short of polling with a timer)--so it always seemed like an
optimization, at least.  (keypress and keydown only tell you about
keystrokes, not all of the other things that can change an input.)

--
Glenn Maynard