Re: [dom3events] event overview - scroll

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:48:22 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 8/13/10 10:14 AM):
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-type-scroll -- in my
>> limited testing for specifying this event as part of CSSOM View I found
>> that it simply uses the Event interface (not UIEvent)
>
> It is a UI Event, so we believed it would be better placed there; the
> implementation difference it trivial, and we didn't think moving it
> would negatively affect legacy content.  If you have evidence otherwise,
> and the group agrees that's better, I could move it back to the basic
> Event interface.

What is the advantage? As .detail means nothing and .view is useless. Just
seems like additional complexity for no reason.

>> and does bubble
>> when dispatched on the Document object (to Window, and bubbles is true).
>
> Simon Pieters indicated that it does not bubble [1], and testing seemed
> to bear that out.
>
> Is this a special case for the scroll event on the Document object?
> Could you share your tests with us?
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2009JulSep/0025.html

It works differently for the Document object, yes. (I don't have anything
I can share in test form at this point.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/