Re: Custom DOM events and privileged browser add-ons; Was: Bubbling/Capturing for XHR + other non-DOM objects

* Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>You'd have to read it to figure out what the "event flow" is, for instance.

Which is something that is much more likely to stick with you, yes.

>I disagree. Only Node objects have event flow and the Window object
>interacts with those in a particular way. All other objects do not have an
>event flow at all. Optimizing for those other objects makes way more sense.

There is always an event flow even if the propagation path contains only
a single EventTarget. Besides, there certainly are other hierachial ob-
jects that are EventTargets but not Nodes, like SVGElementInstances or
various objects in Adobe Flash et al., or entirely custom objects like
you can make them with the implementation in Google's Closure Library.

You'd have a point if nobody ever wondered how the XHR event flow works,
but this isn't the first time questions about that have ended up here.