Re: Changes to DOM3 Events Key Identifiers

I want to point out that Unicode code points can go up to hex 10FFFF. The
standard for \u is exactly 4 digits, so that one can intermix with
characters and know where it terminates. There are a couple of schemes that
are used to extend this to up to 6 digits, and still know where to
terminate.

\UXXXXXXXX - C++, ICU
\UXXXXXX - C#
\u{xxxxxx} - Ruby

There needs to be some mechanism for extending to 6 digits. It would be best
to use one of the above rather than a new one. (My personal favorite is
Ruby's.)

Mark