Re: childElements, childElementCount, and children (was: [ElementTraversal]: Feature string for DOMImplementation.hasFeature(feature, version)?)

On Oct 20, 2009, at 8:03 PM, Brian Kardell wrote:

>> In this particular case, I think anything that's implemented in all
>> of the
>> major browser engines should be an official standard, not just de
>> facto.
>
> Why only in this particular case? :)

I didn't say "only"...

>  As a rule that seems like sound
> guidance.  If it's implemented everywhere, shouldn't you have to make
> a pretty compelling case for it _not_ to be included in an official
> standard?

I agree. The reason I phrased it as I did was to contrast with my
previous remarks. The "children" attribute should be part of a
standard, even though it creates what I think is a poor design pattern
(mix of previous/next and indexed access to the same collection).

Regards,
Maciej