Re: DOM4 Core

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Oct 2009, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
>> On 10/19/09 10:01 AM, Simon Pieters wrote:
>> > tags() is an HTMLCollection thing, not specific to .children. Maybe we
>> > should limit tags() to HTMLAllCollection (returned by document.all)
>> > like Firefox, or maybe Firefox should add it to HTMLCollection.
>>
>> Note that I strongly support the former, and have gotten feedback from
>> both Opera and Webkit that they might be on board with it maybe
>> sometimes if I can convince hixie to change the spec text perhaps.
>
> I'm happy to change the spec text as soon as the implementations change. :-)
>
> I just don't want to end up in a situation where a feature is implemented
> almost everywhere but not in the spec.

So does this mean that you'll add back Theora if it's implemented in
Opera, Mozilla and Chrome? ;)

My point is that you're inconsistent here. Previously a feature hasn't
been put in the spec if some vendor says that they won't implement it.
In this case you seem to be doing the opposite, and not remove it from
the spec unless all major vendors agree to remove it.

I sent a formal request to have .tags removed from HTMLCollection to
the whatwg list.

/ Jonas