Re: DOMTimeStamp interface not defined in L3 events...

> Can't you do
>
>  var jsdate = new Date(e.timeStamp);
>
> ...? (Might need a factor of 1000 multiplier.)

Doesn't work for me. Test page:   http://www.jacobrossi.com/eventdates.html

In Firefox,
The value of e.timeStamp *looks* like a UNIX timestamp (milliseconds
since Jan. 1, 1970 midnight), which is what MDC documentation led me
to believe it should be. However, it's not a correct timestamp and is
not off by a simple factor of 1000 or something. Further, trying to
convert an example of a HTML5 "valid date and time string" using the
date.parse does not work.

In Chrome,
The value of e.timeStamp is a date object. Also, the date.parse()
method is unable to convert the example date and time string from
HTML5.

I think using a JS date object makes the most sense (especially since
it's easy to go from a date object to either a date/time string OR
unix timestamp). But if there are sites that expect this to be unix
timestamp or date string, then this would break them.

--Jacob