Re: Proposal: addKeyListener and removeKeyListener Methods

Why add/removeKeyListener methods are for bubble phase only?
And also, why only keydown? Why not keyup and keypress?

Also, how should the listener work if keydown isn't a keyboardevent?
I.e.
var e = document.createEvent("Event");
e.initEvent("keydown", false, false);
target.dispatchEvent(e);

It is pretty easy to add listeners to listen only specific
keys. You just need to filter the events in the listener, not
when registering the listener.

(Though, I agree, if some good API for this all was figured out, this
would simplify some use cases. The current API isn't just enough.)

-Olli