From: Doug Schepers [mailto:schepers@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2009 8:04 AM
To: www-dom@w3.org
Cc: public-webapps@w3.org
Subject: Re: DOM3EV: [ViewModes] typeArg on initXXXEvent

Hi, Marcin-

Olli answered most of your questions, but I had one more comment, inline...

Marcin Hanclik wrote (on 8/24/09 12:21 PM):

> Another issue related to DOM3EV: There seems to be no naming
> convention for the events. We have DOMSubtreeModified, mousewheel,
> keyup, textInput and so on. Is it related to the history that
> CamelCase is used only partially (it seems it is not used only for
> DOM2EVs)?

The camelCase names were a fad.  It's much more author-friendly to
simply use lowercase (easier to type, easier to remember), and that is
what we suggest for all new events.  We also suggest using the shortest
name that still conveys what the event is meant to do.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs

Access Systems Germany GmbH
Essener Strasse 5  |  D-46047 Oberhausen
HRB 13548 Amtsgericht Duisburg
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Michel Piquemal, Tomonori Watanabe, Yusuke Kanda

www.access-company.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments hereto may contain information that is privileged or confidential, and is intended for use only by the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information by anyone else is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this document in error, please notify us promptly by responding to this e-mail. Thank you.