Re: mouseenter, mouseleave

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:02 AM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jul 31, 2009, at 12:26 AM, Garrett Smith wrote:

>> [snip]
>>
>>> actually think mouseenter/mouseleave are quite valuable. There's no need
>>> carefully filter out the bubbled enter/leave events, so it's easier to
>>> write
>>> code that does the right thing in an efficient way. mouseover/mouseout
>>> have
>>> a trickier and more error-prone design.
>>>

>> Isn't that what I just explained 31 minutes prior?
>
> I didn't read your message before posting.

Apparently not.

I suspect many people won't read
> your message at all, due to your chronic insufferable rudeness. So perhaps
> those people will find my explanation helpful.

How arrogant.

Can you not see how that stance is counterproductive to knowledge
sharing?  This list should not be overrun by bullies like you.

You are not an authority on web development and I have yet to see one
cross-browser script you've written.  I could have just as easily
ignored your response and then posted a follow up using weasel-words
to discounting you as someone who others are likely to ignore.  Do you
not yet see the problems with your condescending approach?

> Regards,
> Maciej

The word "regards" is usually used in esteem or respect. The last time
you flamed me, then used "Regards," I pointed out that this was
insincere.  Are you so arrogant that you cannot learn something from
anyone you feel is below you?

Garrett