Re: DOMActivate vs. Click

Hi, Boris, Jonas-

Okay, thanks for articulating the value of removing them.  I still don't
agree with the conclusion, because I know there is content using them
for SVG and XForms, and focus and blur aren't quite the same as
DOMFocusIn and DOMFocusOut, but I do respect why you see the desire to
remove them.  All I was hearing before was, "I'd really like to remove
them", which wasn't a satisfying argument.

My current plan is still to deprecate them from DOM3 Events, not remove
them.  Implementations can then make the choice of supporting them or
not.  Personally, I hope you take a good look at possible conflicts with
content before you make a final decision.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs