Re: Deprecating DOMFocusIn/DOMFocusOut

Hi, Olli-

Olli Pettay wrote (on 7/23/09 7:24 AM):
> On 7/23/09 2:04 PM, Olli Pettay wrote:
>> focusout doesn't sound too useful
>> "[focusout ]Fires for the current element with focus immediately after
>> moving focus to another element. "
> Based on testing the documentation is wrong.
> http://mozilla.pettay.fi/moztests/focus.html
>
> when moving focus from 1st field to the second one IE dispatches
> focusout to the first one, then focusin to the second field, then
> blur to the first field and then focus to the second one.

Yes, the documentation is a bit wrong then... But that's actually the
behavior I would expect, from what I understood about focusout and
focusin; they fire the event before the focus changes, giving the
opportunity for interception, right?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs