Re: Mutation events - slowness examples

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Sean Hogan wrote:
>> OK can you provide URLs for "all sorts of pages out there that sort
>> multi-thousand-row tables"?
>
> The other report we had was something that was not easily publicly
> available (we were given something that looked like a reduced
> example).  So I can't really help you there.
>
> Given that the bug was only present for a day or so, two separate bug
> reports on pages with large tables being sorted indicates that they
> have to be somewhat common.  Unless you think that there were just the
> two of them and people happened to stumble on them, out of all the
> pages out there, in that one day?
Without more information I can't say. A likely scenario would be a
web-developer looking at pages on an intranet which is why he shows you
a reduced example. It doesn't necessarily reflect the open web at all,
especially as you aren't pointing to any real examples.

> If one can spider for such things easily, one could look for pages
> including jquery.tablesorter.min.js, of course, and see what they look
> like.
>
> But I'm not really sure what the question is here.  I'm not claiming
> that a large percentage of the web has large tables being sorted.
> Just that at least two people who happened to be using the latest
> Firefox nightly ran into such pages without 24 hours and actually
> reported a bug based on that...
Actually, you said "that all sorts of pages out there sort
multi-thousand-row tables by reordering the row nodes in the DOM. "
Are you now saying that based on two examples, one of them 500 rows and
one anecdotal, we can probably assume it is that way?