Re: method cloneNode ... can i overide the attributes ? ... urgent

On 8/29/07, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Garrett Smith:
> > the nodeName property cannot be changed.
>
> It can be changed if the DOM 3 implementation supports renameNode
> without having to create a new object for it.  (It can't be changed just
> by assigning to nodeName, however.)
>
> > An attribute (except IDREF) can be changed.
>
> There's no reason that attributes of type IDREF can't be changed (unless
> the attribute node itself is read only).

For some reason I thought that ID should not be changed. It seems that
it would require a reassignment in the Map that the implementation
uses to find the element not just the element.

But it appears I was wrong - thanks.

Garrett

--
Programming is a collaborative art.