Re: DOM Level 2 HTML form.submit() safety / security

Well, the spec references HTML forms, which are themselves limited to
two HTTP methods; GET and POST. So, it is very in-scope.

In theory the requirements are inherited and therefore no further
specification is required, but in practice people didn't realise the
implications of form.submit() until it was too late.

A note in errata would do the trick, I imagine; reminding
implementers of the impact of referenced spec's requirements is a
common pattern.

Cheers,