Browser implementors? Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

On Dec 2, 2005, at 8:36 AM, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> I also note that we have not yet heard from Internet Explorer,
> Firefox,
> Safari, Konquerer and iCab developers whether they would be willing to
> change their code to match the specification, or whether we could keep
> this quirk in the specification for the obsolete getAttribute
> method but
> use the empty string as return value for getAttributeNS which is much
> less widespread.

I'm a Safari developer. We wouldn't make a change to this behavior
unilaterally. I'm also not sure that all browsers changing at once
would be sufficient, since many users would still be on older
versions. I can't speak for Konqueror, but they, like Safari,
originally had the spec compliant behavior and changed to the de
facto standard behavior.

Would any other browser developers care to comment?

Regards,
Maciej