Re: [dom3core] WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> I'd like to request an erratum to make raising this exception optional.
> There does not seem to be much benefit to requiring DOM implementations
> to enforce this limit.

This is a major change, not a minor erratum. It would impact a lot of
existing non-browser DOM implementations. It is also unnecessary in DOM
level 3 where there are methods to import/adopt nodes into new documents.

While I tend to think that there probably shouldn't have been such a
restriction in DOM level 1 in the first place, I object to changing it
now via an erratum. This level of change requires a new version of DOM,
and in fact such a version already exists. There's no need to rewrite
history here.