Re: [dom3core] getAttribute

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:37:01 +0100, Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@us.ibm.com>
wrote:
> Personal reaction: If all the other browsers really are wrong... They're
> still wrong, and we should be beating them up and trying to get them to
> fix it rather than endorsing this error.

I thought I did not forget to mention the legacy web, did I?

> If folks want to distinguish between empty attribute and absent
> attribute,
> they should be using getAttributeNode(), which *does* return null for an
> empty node.
>
> Are you sure you aren't confusing these two calls, or working in a
> language
> binding that masks the difference between null and empty string?

Well, you could have made a simple test and find out about it. Mostly when
we are considering to break with some specification because it does not
align with everyone else and the web we are doing some testing and have
some internal chatting about it. It's not really a one-man call.

Anyway, attached a (simple) testcase for you so you can get rid of that
doubt.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>