Re: DOM interfaces for XSLT

On Sunday 05 June 2005 14:31, vinay.l@tcs.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am quite surprised about this mail.. Why do we need any DOM interfaces
> in XSLT.

I'm asking about invoking XSLT transformations from DOM environments, not
invoking DOM from XSL-T stylesheet/XPath extension functions or something in
that direction.

> After all XSLT is able to retrieve data from an XML document as
> in DOM. Is the interface frans asked about writing to XML documents thru
> XSLT!!

I'm asking about that from for example an ECMAScript in a browser invoke a
stylesheet on an DOM tree, because that's what appears to me to be what users
are doing, with the ECMASript APIs in for example Mozilla/IE.

I might of course be very confused here, and an explanation/untangling is
welcome.

Cheers,

		Frans