Re: "LSSerializer.writeToString - what encoding declaration?"

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 08:29, Kasimier Buchcik wrote:
> I'm trying to implement the method LSSerializer.writeToString and would
> like to know what encoding declaration should be written if serializing
> the document node. Should it always be "UTF-16", or should it be the
> current xmlEncoding (e.g. ISO-8859-1)? What about if the DOMString is
> UTF-16LE encoded, as in our implementation: should it always be "UTF-16"
> or "UTF-16LE" in this case?
>
> Any hints? I did not find any explicit information. The specs say: "this
> method completely ignores all the encoding information available", but
> I'm not sure about what this really means.

I thought this was resolved a few weeks ago but I didn't find traces of
it in the current internal version of the draft. I'll have to track this
down further.

> NOTE: After 2 months (!) of efforts to subscribe to this list, I
> received the first mail from the list (2004-01-28). Since it is the only
> one I received until now, I'm not sure if everything's working well: is
> there simply not much traffic (I really did not expect that!), or does
> the list have problems dispatching mails?

For some reasons, the system is now waiting for me to acknowledge the
subscriptions to this list so I might have missed yours.

Philippe