Re: addEventHandler

Amy Lee wrote:
>       My script is as follows. Can I use the event type  of
>       addEventHandler as onEventHandlers like Q1 and Q2 instead of using
>       "click" or "focus"? This script doesn't work under Netscape but if
>       I change it to "click" or "focus", that will work. I am just
>       wondering which way is right since the spec is not clear to me. I
>       would appreciate if anybody can answer especially any W3 members.
>       Thanks!

I assume you're asking if addEventListener('onclick', ...) or
addEventListener('click', ...) is the right thing to do, if so, the
answer is that addEventListener('click', ...) is the way to go. The on*
names are just the names of the event handler attributes in HTML markup,
and the names of the event handler properties in web browsers that
support DOM0 (the defacto pre-DOM Level 1 'standard').

--
jst