Re: Xalan-J Sucking Wind

Allen, Michael B (RSCH) wrote:
> Is Xalan-J really was folks are using right now? I checked out the latest everything and it's just not building. I ran into an error building the DTD where $exceptions was in scope but Xalan-J
> apprently didn't know about it yet because it threw a NullPointerException. Strangely adding a value-of to the dom-to-dtd.xsl provoked it to get over that hump.

> How do you pass Java options to ant so that I can try the ol' -Xmx512m?
>
> Mike
>
> PS: Hi

I've been using Saxon 6.5.2.  Ant will automatically use it if placed in
the ant/lib directory and there is not a xalan.jar there.

Obviously, it would be nice if we could reliably build with Xalan-J
since it comes bundled with Ant.  However, it has been pretty difficult
to reproduce some of the problems in isolation.  I hadn't run into the
NullPointerException issue, I'll try to isolate the problem, file a bug
report and tweak the transform.

Use the ANT_OPTS environment variable to pass Java VM options

SET ANT_OPTS=-Xmx512m