Re: Last Call for DOM Level 3 Load and Save

Regarding grammatical corrections:

and-w3@doxdesk.com wrote:

>Ray Whitmer <raydwhitmer@aol.com> wrote:
>

>>The DOM WG asks for review of the following document:
>>

>>Document Object Model (DOM) Level 3 Load and Save Specification
>>

>Just a few minor issues I noticed implementing this:
>
>DOMInput > systemId > "relative URI's"
>  Shouldn't have an apostrophe.

I think you may correct although I was taught to use apostrophe in this
case.  I have seen style guides that say either way, and can easily
search and find many guides saying either way on the internet, not that
I can tell the weight a particular English professor writing a style
guide carries (such as
http://info.citruscollege.com/FF/tEiland/grammar/plurals.htm).

We should make sure we are consistent at any rate, since the Core
specification seems to always do it without apostrophe and the Load and
Save specification always seems to do it with apostrophe.

>DOMParser > parse
>  The parameter 'is' should probably be called 'input', for
>  consistency.
>
>DOMSerializer > writeURI
>  The parameter 'URI' should probably not be in capitals, for
>  consistency.

We are clearly dealing with camel casing when naming multiple-word
things, which is used throughout the specification, for example:
Document.documentURI.

I know we are not always consistent, but I believe in this case our
usage is correct and consistent with many other usages throughout the
specification.

Ray