Re: SOAP and WebDAV with DOM L3 L/S

On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 01:17, Curt Arnold wrote:
> The current L/S draft appears close but insufficient to invoke SOAP or
> WebDAV methods.  I think it would be very beneficial if it could.  I
> believe two additional parameters to parseURI could be sufficient:
>
> Document parseURI(DOMString uri, DOMString method, Document body)
>
> Where method and body could be null.

The LS is short at providing an IO library. No HTTP headers,
authentification, etc. You cannot access the HTTP headers of the
received document either. If we add your proposal, why should we stop
half-way? You can always use an external library to manipulate those and
give an input stream to the DOMBuilder.

However, we did include for SOAP 1.2 the following parameter for the
configuration of the DOMBuilder:

"disallow-doctype"

 true
  [optional]
  Throw a fatal error if a doctype node is found while parsing the
  document. This may be useful when dealing with things like SOAP
  envelopes where doctype nodes are not allowed.
 false
  [required] (default)
  Allow doctype nodes in the document.

Philippe