Re: What is the meaning of the DOM ECMAScript binding?

"Joseph Kesselman" <keshlam@us.ibm.com> wrote on 11/9/01 10:10:50 AM:
>The use of standards is to standardize the things the standard covers. If
>one standard (the DOM) doesn't cover that part of the browser APIs (it
>doesn't), that sounds like a great opportunity to start a project to
>establish one that does.
>
>Every API project needs to draw a boundary somewhere and say what it does
>and doesn't cover. The DOM is intended to be API for the data model
>representing the document; it isn't specific to browsers, so it doesn't
>attempt to define browser behavior except within that one box.

Once again, I see your point.  Is no work being done in this regard?  Window
control is a very important aspect of client side web scripting.  The DOM only
solves part of the problem of incompatible scripting environments.  It will be
essential to have a standard for the window interface provided by the browser,
which could include, among other things, a standard way of exposing the
'Document' object of the DOM.  It seems to me this would fall under the W3C's
sphere of influence, is anyone working on this?