Re: value property of the HTMLSelectElement

> am 09.08.2001 2:46 Uhr schrieb David Flanagan unter david@oreilly.com:
>
> > The DOM Level 1 specification (1st edition) and the working draft of
the
> > DOM Level 2 HTML specification both specify that the
HTMLSelectElement
> > interface has a property named "value" which is documented as "the
> > current value of the form control".
>
> The current value of the form control is the value of the currently
selected
> OPTION - it's a convenient shortcut, and most Mac browsers (MSIE, NS6,
Moz,
> Opera, iCab) support it. I suppose Windows browsers do the same.

Nope, it's not widely supported, and for that reason see little reason in
now standardising it, extra levels of complexity that can never be used
in real life situations are of little use to anyone.
(what's the value defined as in multiple select anyway?)

Jim.