Re: Java doc bugs

Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> > I didn't see the package.html file that is needed to get
> > top-level descriptions of a package.  Example use is available at
> > http://www.web3d.org/TaskGroups/x3d/sai/javadoc/overview-summary.html
>
> The zip file contains the java source binding, not the javadoc
> documentation. It doesn't make sense to have package.html in
> the zip.
>
> > These are important, please include them.  Thanks for your efforts.
>
> The javadoc documentation is not included. It could always be generated
> using the JDK tools.

Understood.  Please note that the package.html file is

- extremely terse, containing top-level documentation common to each package
- not javadoc output itself, just an input to javadoc
- kept with source code with each package directory
- contains important information that is not possible to include in source
- aids clarity for users, especially in understanding package differences

I'm happy to discuss this further by phone if you wish, Phillippe.
Thanks for considering this request.

all the best, Don
--
Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code UW/Br Root 200  work 831.656.2149
              Monterey California 93943-5000 USA              fax  831.656.3679