Re: XML version number via DOM

On Wed, 21 March 2001, "Jeff Yates" wrote:

> At the beginning of every XML document there is a <?xml version="1.0" ?>
> tag.  Is there a way to get this version number from within DOM?  I know at
> this time there is only one version number, but in the future there may be
> more.
I don't know if this has been replied to, have been way from email for a few days. never the less, here goes :)

when you open an xml file with var.open(...) it creates a #document node with at least two child nodes, the first one is the xml node that has is own actributes (one of wich is the version acttribute, sinse it has to be set) and the other is the root node (what ever it might be called). Has you can see the way to get the version is to get that attribute in the xml node has you would do with any other attribute.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com