RE: Generating class libraries to read DOM documents

You might look at the Breeze XML Studio http://www.breezefactor.com/
I've forgiven them for their notorious "No DOM" ads ;~)
Nevertheless, this is usually viewed as a third approach (as opposed to
SAX and DOM) to manipulating XML from a program.  See for example
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/javaone00/j1-00-adelard.html