Re: still no DOMImplementationFactory in DOM Core code distribution...

Don Brutzman wrote:

> Document Object Model (DOM) Level 3 Core Specification
> Version 1.0
> W3C Working Draft 26 January 2001
> Section 1.2. DOM Level 3 Java Binding Extension
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20010126/core.html#Level-3-Java-Binding-Extension
>
> defines DOMImplementationFactory source code.
> However that code is not repeated in Appendix B: Java Language Binding
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20010126/java-binding.html
>
> More importantly, it is missing from the code distribution
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-Core-20010126/java-binding.zip

Yes and I still have an action item to fix it. Given that this part
is completely unstable, I'm waiting to have a stable proposal for
bootstrapping before doing it.

> [...]
> FWIW, example source code is attached.  It also inserts pertinent working-
> draft prose as Javadoc into the section 1.2 source code.  It compiles OK.
> If accepted, a reverse Javadoc link back (@see DOMImplementationFactory)
> and corresponding explanatory javadoc prose ought to be also added to
> DOMImplementation.

Bootstrapping in Core was discussed yesterday and was changed in the
internal XML sources of the DOM spec for the upcoming meeting of the
WG. We should publish this new version a few weeks after the meeting.
The new version is a different approach of the current one since we
included the requirements for Embedded DOM implementations.
Note also that DOM Level 3 Core does not include DOM Level 2 Core interfaces
yet, so the idl and Java sources can't be compiled yet. It won't be fixed
in the next version I guess but will definitively be after that.
I'll point the editor of the Core module to your proposal and see what could be
reused in the new version,

Bests regards,
Philippe