Re: C and other non "standard" DOM language bindings

At 07:53 PM 8/25/00 +0200, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 10:45:36AM -0400, Michael Champion wrote:
> > Getting to my main  point ... I'm wondering about C language bindings for
> > the DOM.  I know that Oracle has published one ... and the XML C
> Library for
> > Gnome is DOM-like, but not really an attempt to be a complete,
> > vendor-neutral C DOM binding as far as I can tell.
>
>  Maybe i should report a bit on this. At least for archival/historical
>purposes.

Thanks!  That helps me understand the libxml effort.  A couple of
questions.  You cited
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/rview.cgi?cvsroot=/cvs/gnome&dir=gdome
as "A new DOM module", but all I see is a CVS archive.  Is there some
document that could be pulled out at posted for non-Gnome people to help us
understand what is in there?

Also, what's your feelings about the possibility for the libxml DOM  to
become the de-facto standard C binding for the DOM? Or is this a hopeless idea?

Mike