Re: Creating !DOCTYPE Node

Anuja.Z@Vashimail.ltitl.com wrote:
> I want to create DOCTYPE node using DOM API's. How to create, cause it does not
> have any method to do so, and it is read only property, as everywhere
> mentioned.

interface DOMImplementation {
    boolean            hasFeature(in DOMString feature,
                                  in DOMString version);
    // Introduced in DOM Level 2:
    DocumentType       createDocumentType(in DOMString qualifiedName,
                                          in DOMString publicId,
                                          in DOMString systemId)
                                        raises(DOMException);
    [ ... ]
}

Since this method was introduced in DOM Level 2, check first
if DOMImplementation.hasFeature("XML", "2.0") returns true.
The DocumentType node is a readonly node.

Philippe