Re(2): CSS_DIMENSION creation?

www-dom@w3.org writes:
>Blaine Brodie wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering how it is possible to create a CSSPrimitiveValue of type
>> CSS_DIMENSION.  I assume that the syntax for CSS_DIMENSION is the same
>as
>> the 'DIMEN' token ({num}{ident}), however, none of the CSS2 grammar
>> expressions contain the 'DIMEN' token.  So it seems that it is not
>> possible to create a CSSPrimitiveValue object of this type.  Should this
>> unit type be removed or should an addition be made to the CSS2 grammar?
>
>CSS_DIMENSION is for unknown dimension. In CSS2, all lengths, angles,
>times
>and frequencies are dimensions.
>The DIMENSION token is part of the CSS2 grammar:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/syndata.html#tokenization
>
>setProperty("font-size", "10m", "") will create a dimension even if
>you won't be able to use it in a CSS2 engine.
>
>Philippe

Maybe I am misinterpreting something.  It is my understanding that the DOM
Level 2 is used to modify properties values of a CSS level 2 document.
However, the CSS2 grammar [http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/grammar.html], which
is more restrictIve than the core CSS Grammar does not contain any
expressions with the DIMENSION token.  Does this mean that a function such
as setProperty parses against the core CSS grammar and not the CSS2
grammar?

Blaine