Re: DOM Parsers, Canonical XML

johnd@derwentbs.com wrote:

> Lo all,
>
> Am I correct in assuming that all DOM parsers have the ability to
> output the parsed XML in Canonical XML format?
>
> The reason I ask is that I need to be able to read/write the data
> contained in an XML file. The trouble is that since I am using a 4gl, I
> cannot use c++ etc function calls. So I was hoping to get a DOM
> parser
> that put everything out in canonical format, which I could then read.

Did you intend to say "Canonical XML", invoking the Canonical XML standard,
or is the XML standard good enough?  You should be able to read and write
it in XML format, whether or not it is Canonical XML.  Canonical XML can
even break things for you in some cases, so it would be important to
understand what you are trying to accomplish beyond reading and writing the
document.

Ray Whitmer
ray@xmission.com