RE: createEntity and createNotation and importing these

At 07:10 AM 4/14/00 Friday, keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:

>We did consider the alternative of saying that these can not be imported
>yet, and decided that changing that in Level 3 was going to be more
>contentious than including them in Level 2. I'm not absolutely wedded to
>that conclusion -- we may wind up introducing new node types in the future,
>in which case we'd be in the same position of having to decide whether to
>extend importNode() to handle them.

The issue of having importNode work for Entity and Notation nodes seems
similar (to me) to the ones w.r.t. having cloneNode work for those node types in
DOM level 1 (and Document and DocumentType nodes, which also
don't have create methods in DOM level 1).

I recall that we discussed clarifying that this feature (cloneNode
of un-creatable nodes types) would be implementation dependant.

Whatever happened about that?

Maybe the same type of wording be used for importNode of un-creatable
node types in DOM level 2?

Kim.
------
Kim Adamson-Sharpe, Sr. Software Developer, SoftQuad (West), www.softquad.com