Re: HTML APIs

At 10:54 AM 12/30/98 -0500, keshlam@us.ibm.com wrote:
>Thanks, Mike. I actually do like the answer of standardizing it before it
>gets into the DOM; I just wanted to make sure that was the intent before I
>started writing code.
>
>Should we make this another item in the DOM FAQ?

It is: http://www.w3.org/DOM/faq.html#brokenpages

"Will broken HTML pages work in the DOM?
     In general your pages should not be broken, if you want to be
     able to use the DOM to get consistent results. It's the same
     right now - if you mix JavaScript or VBScript with a broken
     HTML page, you can get some odd results. "

I wouldn't mind making this a bit stronger ("If you want to interOPerate,
first you have to VALIDate"), and make it clear what "broken pages" are to
the 99% of the people out there who cheerfully put out invalid HTML without
a second thought.

Mike