Re: DOM Level 2 Core Features

At 04:34 AM 11/15/98 -0500, Don Park wrote:
>Dear DOM Fanatics,
>
>As the co-editor of the DOM Level 2 Core spec, I would like invite you to
>make suggestions on what new features to include in the Level 2 Core.
>Please make your suggestions specific, practical, and justifiable.

Just a note of clarification (hope you don't mind, Don!): DOM Level 2
*will* have the following packages of optional features: a Range interface
to allow easy manipulation of "rectangular" subsets of a document such as
you would get back from a UI selected region; an Event model; support for
CSS style in HTML and XML; and iterators / filters.  Don is asking for
suggestions about the DOM Core, i.e., the mandatory "hard core" of the DOM
that's common to all implementations.

Mike Champion