Re: Walking the DOM (was: XML APIs)

Stephen R. Savitzky writes:
>I would like to see a spec that, essentially, parametrizes these
>presumptions in order to permit a straightforward, efficient
>implementation.

	Seconded; I agree with Stephen in thinking that the Level 1
spec nails down some behaviours that may be unintuitive in some
contexts, and complicate the implementator's job.  I find the liveness
of getElementsByTagName to be the most annoying such case, since I
think of it as something like a query, and don't expect the query
results to magically be updated.

--
A.M. Kuchling			http://starship.skyport.net/crew/amk/
Data is a lot like humans: It is born. Matures. Gets married to other data,