Re: Remote DOM access ??

At 07:44 PM 10/19/98 -0400, David Brownell wrote:
>Another way to put this:  networks do better at bulk data transfer
>(e.g. XML documents) than at low latency operations (like calling
>a procedure), and designs should accomodate that reality.  Some of
>those document repository efforts (e.g. http://www.aiim.org/dma/)
>are worth looking at.

Right, and I'd include WebDAV along with DMA.  I think the DOM WG *should*,
maybe in Level 3, be looking at extending the DOM API to support
"zero-latency" (buzzword du jour!) interaction with repositories, lazy
HTML people have (HTTP, etc.) to work with XML over the Web.  We can do
better someday, but this will suffice for now, and it's all the DOM can
handle for now.

Mike