Re: Should Document.cloneNode() work in Level 1?

Stephen R. Savitzky wrote:

> My point is that the specification does not preclude such an
> interpretation.

True.

> I think that in many implementations of the DOM there _will_ be
> implementation-specific information in a Node, and in that case cloneNode
> _should_ be expected to copy it.

I wouldn't expect it to do so, however.

> In some implementations this will not be the case.  In fact, it's not even
> the case for the public interfaces, since there are attributes of, say,
> HTMLDocument and HTMLElement that are not accessible from the result of
> createElement without type-casting.

I concede the case of HTMLDocument, as the attributes referrer, fileSize,
file*Date, domain, URL, and cookie are not present in Document.

However, I believe there are no IDL attributes of HTMLElement or its
subclasses that are not essentially convenience methods.