Re: Implementing NodeList

>Back on 1998-07-26, Don Park wrote:
>
>> The solution is quite simple for the needs of the DOM Core API:  Let the
>> Node itself be the NodeList so its live and updated as the node changes.
>> Spiritual explanation is that 'Live' implies 'Being' (?!?).  The problem
of
>> synchronizing multiple instances of NodeList is best solved by having
only
>> instance.
>
>That works fine for child-type NodeLists, but not for the results of
>getElementsByTagName, which must be live over a whole subtree.
>Indeed, the current version of FreeDOM violates the spec and makes
>this result static.

You are right that the solution does not work for getElementsByTagName.  You
are also right that FreeDOM's getElementsByTagName return static result.  My
only excuse is that one can not violate what is not final <g>.  It will be
fixed in the DOM SDK release.  Right now, I am just trying to select the
least unattractive solution to swallow.

Don

PS: Aren't you a little late with the messages?;-)