Re: Comments about the Java DOM interfaces

At 02:17 PM 12/26/97 -0500, Laurent ROUVET wrote:
>Mark L. Fussell wrote:
>> Larger/Less-likely Functionality Suggestions
>> There seems to be a number of inconsistencies between the DOM and the
>> Grove model.  It would seem these two should be more fully aligned.
>
>I agree.

Remember that the DOM is supposed to be useful for and intelligible to both
the XML/SGML community, which is somewhat comfortable with the "Grove
model", and the HTML community, which is generally unfamiliar with it (and
probably would find it a bit overwhelming).  We did go through the Groves
property set to make sure that we weren't missing anything.  So I think the
DOM WG is comfortable with having an API that is inspired by, and partially
consistent with the Groves model, but it is not our objective to maintain
consistency with the Groves model for its own sake

If you feel that there is some specific thing in the Grove model that
should be in the DOM, your suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks,

Mike Champion