RE: nasty namespace issue (was RE: Is minimalism a goal?)

     DaveP wrote:
     > Primary goal is the 80%, for simple, non namespace documents
     > that many users are playing with today. No transformation goal,
     > simply access using xpath.

     If we're going to leave out namespace-aware documents, we
     might as well call
     it a day,

No, not call it a day. Declare that it is not compliant (yet).
I'd still support this as an initial release.
Declared, its surely an improvement on the MS 'wrong'
(but practical) compliance approach.
     <foo xmlns="urn:foobarbaz">
        <bar>
           <baz baq="booz"/>
        </bar>
     </foo>

     If we want this API to conform 100% with XPath 1.0, we're kind
     of stuck when
     dealing with default namespace declarations. But if we care more about
     usability, MSXML's approach is more straightforward.

good example Aaron.

I would risk this for a clean & early response, with
a compliance goal when we can do it cleanly.

Regards,DaveP