Re: Concerns regarding the W3 Document Object Model (DOM) Conformance Test Suites

Andrew Clover wrote:

>Curt Arnold <carnold@houston.rr.com> wrote:
>

>>mark the tests that fail as requiring validation.
>>

>In this case there will be no test that attribute defaulting/normalisation
>works at all; it is my understanding that a non-validating parser should
>still respect attribute declarations given in the internal subset.
>
>Why not simply copy the significant <!ATTLIST>s from the DTD into the
>internal subset of staff[NS].xml? This is how I persuaded my non-validating
>implementation to pass L1/L2 Core.

I'd consider that a substantial enough change to a test that it should
be introduced as a new test instead of a tweak to an existing test,
especially since any change to staff.xml is really a change to almost
all tests.