Re: Action items status [DOMTestCase.js]

comments inlined

On Thursday, July 18, 2002, at 09:52  PM, Robert Clary wrote:

> There is some use of some DOM methods in DOMTestCase.js however their
> use over the basic DOM 0 approaches is ok so long as the prerequisite
> that the user agent implement any required DOM methods/properties such
> as document.getElementById and HTMLIFrameElement.contentDocument is
> made clear so that other browser vendors know what will be required of
> them in order to be able to run the tests in the future.
>
> This includes the use of the non-standard
> HTMLIFrameElement.contentWindow.
>
> I believe the ability to host the tests on a web site where they will
> be accessible to all users/developers without the need for them to
> create the dom ts build environment is important. This includes a user
> interface for the customization and selection of individual tests.
> Where do we stand on this ?

[dd] We've discussed this in the past and I agree that it is important
to host the tests/harness somewhere easily accessible. In the past, W3C
said they could host this, so I think we can suppose they still can
(otherwise we'll come up with an alternative). The only thing I would
like to stress is that the hosted version be functionally equivalent to
the built version, once released, in order to not have differences
between various DOM TS.