Re: Issues about the DOM TS brought up in the DOM WG Telcon

The report that Mozilla attempted to run the ActiveX object is a red
herring due to a misunderstanding in verbal communications with a member
of the DOM WG.  As far as I know, no one at Netscape made such a claim.
The issue with sniffing is that it is too restrictive.

The relevant message to this list  is from Dimitris on 2/20/2002 at 1:24PM

<quote>
 From the top of my head there are the following issues brought up by
Netscape representatives (they will send a message to this list after
having checked thouroughly):

1. Browser sniffing -- it seems that the sniffing is not elaborate
enough, makes Mozille, for example, run code with calls to an ActiveX
object.
2. Tests on default attributes require a validating parser, which is not
a requirement (for XML), for HTML default attributes need to be there.
The issue is then that the TS tests the XML appclication DOM, not the
browser DOM
</quote>

The issue with MSXML vs. Native browser implementations is another issue.

/bc